These cupcakes taste like you are drinking a delicious chai latte out of a yummy coconut...talk about yummy!!!
1 1/2 Cup Grated Carrots
1 1/2 Cup Grated Zucchini
1 Cup Whole Walnuts
1 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Soconut
1 Cup Medjool Dates (pits removed)
1 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
1 Tsp Ginger Powder
2 Cups Cashews (soaked for 4 hrs)
1-2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
3-5 Medjool dates (pits removed) or 1-2 Tbsp of agave
1-2 Tbsp Coconut Extract
1/2 - 1 tsp Carmadom Powder
1. Grate carrots and zucchini in food processor and strain juice through nut bag to remove the liquid (set carrot and zucchini aside)
2. Clean and wipe out food processor, so it is dry. Add in walnuts and process until fine crumbs, then add in dates and combine to a dough like consistency.
3. Add in coconut, shredded carrots and zucchini, cinnamon and ginger and blend, but don’t over blend. You just want everything to bind together.
4. Line muffin tray with baking cups and fill to the top, place in fridge or freezer for a couple hours
5. While cupcakes are in fridge, drain water from cashews and place in high speed blender, add in coconut oil, medjool dates or agave, coconut extract and carmadom powder and blend (You might need to add some water to help liquify to get the right consistency)
6. Remove cupcakes from muffin tray and place on plate or platter, add frosting to decorating bag and start decorating from middle of cupcake working towards edge
7. Sprinkle with shredded coconut, carmadom powder and add a coconut flake to center of cupcake.
It is important to drain both the carrots and zucchini of excess water, if the mixture is to wet the cupcakes will end up being to moist. You just want them to be moist enough to bind
Carrot and Zucchini Cupcakes with Coconut