We call it tomato, the French call it "love apple" and Italians call it "golden apple". No matter what you call it, this amazing fruit is loaded with lypocene and we love it!!
2lbs Roma Tomatoes, sliced in half
1 Can Diced Roma Tomatoes
1 Medium Yellow Onion, diced
2-3 Garlic Cloves, minced
1-2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Cup Fresh Basil Leaves
2-3 Cups Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh Basil Leaves
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Spread tomatoe halves onto baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and roast for 35-40mins.
3. While tomatoes are in the oven, heat olive oil in large soup pot add onions and saute until translucent.
4. Add in garlic and saute for 5 mins
5. Add in can of diced tomatoes, fresh basil, salt and pepper
6. Add roasted tomatoes and broth
7. Continue to simmmer soup for 20-30 mins
8. Pour soup into a blender in small batches and blend until smooth
9. Pour soup back into soup pot and simmer until ready to serve
10. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and enjoy